POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Stargate Glyphs : Re: Stargate Glyphs Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:09:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stargate Glyphs
From: Mike Sobers
Date: 25 Jun 2008 23:20:02
Message: <web.48630a294d571f95184271a10@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> A POV-Ray prism object for each of the 39 Glyphs on the Milky Way Stargate.
>
> Regards,
> Chris B.

And here (finally) is mine.  It contains the scene-file for the Stargate and one
for the transporter rings as well.  The rings are all CSG, the Stargate uses CSG
and height-fields.  The gate is not finished, as the chevrons are not complete
nor animated, but the ring is animated (glpyhs rotate around) and the event
horizon is animated (only an already open gate, not the "kawoosh" effect).
Feel free to add whatever you want, and add them both to the object repository
under whatever the appropriate license is (unless I need to do that, in which
case point me in the right direction).  If you add anything to it or do any
animations, I'd love to see them.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: